RiverStone Case Study
(See key process steps below)
Part of the global financial services conglomerate Fairfax Holdings, RiverStone is a leader in a specialized sector of insurance known as run-off, whereby insurers and reinsurers transfer select books of business to a third party who then continues to service valid claims for policyholders. Done responsibly, run-off serves insurers, reinsurers, shareholders, and consumers alike.
While RiverStone had operated successfully for 20 years as an internal services provider to Fairfax portfolio companies, the business desired to reposition its services for the external market and had an exceptional story to tell. “Just 10 years ago we weren’t on anyone’s list. 5 years ago, we were an option for some. Now we want to be at the top of everyone’s list,” notes RiverStone CEO Nick Bentley. Given this mandate, they knew it was time to redefine, reposition and reintroduce RiverStone to the market.
Using our structured methodology, we embarked on a journey to position RiverStone as the market leader they had always been, updating their foundational messaging, visual brand, communications tools, and thought leadership. Having defined their new positioning – RiskSmart Run-Off® Solutions, created a proprietary look & feel, and developed a compelling global website, we orchestrated a simultaneous internal and external launch to reintroduce the RiverStone brand in a powerful and consistent manner.
We continue to create and deploy new thought-leadership papers and videos, and steward their go-to-market programs to build RiverStone’s awareness, reinforce their industry leadership and attract new opportunities and talent.
“Our new brand is living up to all of our expectations, and I feel confident now that we are finally being recognized for our unique culture, our heritage as a Fairfax company, and the value we bring to deals as we continue to grow. I really appreciate Sustena’s continued partnership in shaping our brand image and ongoing marketing efforts.”
See key process steps below
A Snapshot of Our of Collaborative Process
ASSESS & RESEARCH
- Understand Organizational Goals
- Internal Discover Workshop and Associate Survey
- Review Existing Materials
- Competitive Analysis
- Market Perceptions – Voice of Customer/Market Interviews
- Deconstruct Past Successes
- Brand Positioning and Core Messaging Recommendations
STRATEGIC MESSAGE / COMMUNICATION PLATFORM
CREATE & DEPLOY
- Visual Brand Presence – Logo and Look & Feel Development
- Execute Proprietary Photography
- Global Website Development – Strategy, Content & Design
- Branded Tool/Template Development
- Go-To-Market Strategy & Planning
- Internal & External Brand Launch
- Message Guidelines, Training and Brand Book
A NEW GLOBAL RIVERSTONE BRAND, INTERNAL / GEOGRAPHIC UNITY, RECRUITING PLATFORM FOR NEW TALENT
- Go-To-Market Execution
- Thought-Leadership: Point-of-View Papers, Videos
- Case Studies, Overview Sheets
- Brand Awareness / Social Media Programs
- Recruiting Campaigns
EDUCATE THE MARKET ABOUT RIVERSTONE, SEED FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES