Strategic Account Manager
Sustena is a boutique business-to-business brand development and go-to-market firm comprised of analytical, creative, and insightful thinkers who bring passion and commitment to building brands.
- We're a team of people with never-ending curiosity and collective experience to solve the most complex and evolving B2B brand challenges. Innovation and fresh thinking drive this team as much as the desire to see our clients succeed.
- The backbone of what we do is our time-tested methodology that results in the creation of distinctive, influential and category-leading brands. We are a thoughtful and process-driven group which has aided our success, but we are always looking to innovate and improve our processes.
FULL-TIME STRATEGIC ACCOUNT MANAGER
Your day-to-day activities will vary but will likely include:
Working directly with our senior account leaders, and be the trusted daily go-to partner for our clients.
- Assist with brand development, strategic marketing and content development internally, as well as manage outside partners who we work with for brand strategy or content, etc.
- Drive critical project management needs to be sure our assignments stay on track, deadlines are met, and everyone is communicating effectively. Anticipating what comes next and being out in front of our team and our client is an expectation.
- Manage client communications and create status reports, which are a vital way we manage our client relationships and our internal project teams.
- Organize client meetings; prep the team for client discussions and maintain documentation of client direction and decisions. Track and upload documents to our internal shared drive.
Continually learning in order to expand your working knowledge of our clients' businesses and industries so you are able to understand their specific needs and priorities.
Steward multichannel go-to-market (GTM) initiatives.
- Oversee production execution (web development, video, photography, printing, etc.) and manage client rollout efforts, including brand launches and conference events.
- Manage or support our client's social/digital needs by leveraging your expertise in key B2B social channels -- e.g. LinkedIn, Email, Twitter, etc.
Work closely with team members on internal brand development and strategic marketing to help us with new business/upsell initiatives.
- Proactively identify opportunities for incremental services or programs on accounts during active programs
- Participate in new business development -- helping with proposals or new business meetings as appropriate
Take an active interest in developing your own skills by showing initiative on internal projects to grow your expertise as well as Sustena's.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
Has 5+ years' experience, with at least 2-3+ years in account management roles. An ideal candidate will come from a business-to-business branding or a digital marketing firm and -
- Is passionate about and has a strong working knowledge of strategic and tactical go-to-market planning including live events, webinars, video and media planning
- Thrives on the details. You are very organized, prepared and can juggle multiple accounts. You take pride in managing complex programs
- Is interested in working directly with senior client executives and is prepared for the scrutiny and responsibility this entails
- Can think critically and communicate ideas clearly both verbally and in writing
- Can work well with others within a strategic / creative team environment with the highest standards
- Has B2B knowledge and account experience
- Appreciates working with a close-knit team of passionate colleagues
- Proficiency in core tools -- e.g. PPT, Word, Excel, etc., is mandatory. Familiarity with email marketing tools and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus, but not necessary
- Demonstrate a positive desire to learn and share your insights
You're a self-starter who is organized and comfortable collaborating with colleagues and clients via online video tools, phone, Skype, and in-person.
A BIT MORE ABOUT US:
Two office locations in Manhattan located on Wall St. and Rockefeller Center both in WeWork office spaces that offer:
- 60 Locations in NYC and a national/global network of offices that are Covid safe/regulated spaces per NYS mandates
- Unique common areas, private meeting areas and alternative workspaces to change scenery daily
- Global networking & professional/social events
- We offer the opportunity to work virtually, during Covid, and as needed otherwise providing it follows our 'Work from Outside' policy
- A team-oriented culture, we count on each other and expect nothing but top-notch work
- A dynamic and fast-charging firm -- it is not unusual to bounce between 3-5 clients on any given day
- A team of senior leaders with direct access to C-Suite clients who look to us to be trusted advisors for key aspects of their business.
- An ego-free zone -- there is too much to do to have these issues. Everyone here has each other's back.
The right candidate will be compensated commiserate with the role plus:
Job-related training from a team that has had respected and stellar careers in this industry
Opportunities for relevant external training applications based on need and desire to learn
Company paid comprehensive employee benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short- & Long-Term Disability.
Additional opportunity to engage in supplemental benefits with MetLife & Aflac, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), transit pre-tax commuter benefits, and a participant marketplace, all provided by TriNet.
Company matched 401k from the day you start.
9 Paid Company Holidays, 1 Elected Holiday, and 15 PTO days per year (with 2 additional days added each year) -- Summer Friday Afternoons may also be offered.
If you're interested in learning more please submit a thoughtful cover letter along with your resume demonstrating why you would be a great fit for our team. Please note, we will not consider applicants without a cover letter.
All submissions: Stacy Colonna at email@example.com